1. Station expressly disclaims all responsibility for all property loss, property damage, bodily injury
and death resulting, directly or indirectly, from any contest prize excluding damages, loss, injury
or death caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence of station.
2. Station expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability for loss, inconvenience and other
damage you may suffer resulting from the postponements, modifications of cancellation of any
contest or promotions due to technical difficulties or Acts of God.
3. You shall be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes that may arise by reason of your
receipt or use of the contest prize.
4. This offer is VOID if you reside in a jurisdiction that prohibits promotions or contest of this kind.
5. Your federal, state or local government may impose additional conditions on your acceptance of
6. By accepting your prizes, you affirm that you are neither a co-sponsor nor employee of any radio
or television station and each of their respective parent, affiliate, and subsidiary companies, and
advertising or promotional agencies.
7. By accepting your prizes, you affirm that you are neither an employee of Renda Broadcasting
Stations nor a member of the immediate family of any employee of the station.
8. You agree to allow the station to use your name, voice and likeness on the air and in any publicity
9. Your prize may carry a deadline and or certain restrictions based on age, availability and calendar
10. The radio station will hold your prize for a period of 30 days from the date it was awarded. After
that period of time, the prize reverts to the station and will be dealt with at the sole discretion of
the station management.
11. All participants of on-site giveaways must be present to claim there prize. The station shall not and
will not be held responsible for non-attendance of participant at the time of drawing. It is the sole
responsibility of the participant to be present.
12. Winners of any regularly scheduled Monday-Friday contest and members of their households are
ineligible to win any other weekday contest for a period of 30 days, with the expressed exceptions
· Winners of consolation prizes are eligible to participate in all contests and are excluded
from the 30-day waiting period.
· Winners of special Radio Station promotions, scheduled periodically throughout the year,
are eligible to play other contest regardless of the amount of time since winning their last
prize from the station – excluding major prize winners. These special promotions may not
be identified on or off air.
· Winners of major prizes, given away wholly or in part by the radio station, are excluded
from winning any prizes on the radio station for a period of one year from the date the
major prize was awarded. A major prize is considered to be $1500.00 or greater value.
13. Individuals using aliases or names other than their own in order to obtain prizes or qualify for
contest will be disqualified from winning the said prize and may be permanently banned from
playing any contest on stations owned by Renda Broadcasting. Use of another’s name in an effort
to secure prizes will be considered an act of fraud and may be subject to prosecution.
14, Station is not responsible for mechanical or telephone problems like dropped or bad connections during contests.
15. Prizes are non-transferable. If you are unable to use your prize or ineligible you will forfeit prize and it will be awarded to another entrant.
RENDA BROADCASTING CORPORATION AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES
$1,000 THURSDAY CONTEST RULES
Renda Broadcasting Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies and stations, including WXXX in X (the company) will conduct a phone-in contest known as “Thousand Dollar Thursday” (the contest) concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations in various states. The contests may air on all or just select Renda Broadcasting Corporation stations.
The list of stations participating in this contest appears on the last page of these rules
- No purchase necessary. Contests are void where prohibited.
- The contest is open to residents of the United States of America and must reside in the Total Survey Area (TSA) of one of the stations conducting the contest.
- Contestants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Employees of Renda Broadcasting Corporation, and its affiliated companies, its stations, employees of all other stations and market media companies in the TSA’s of the stations conducting the contests are neither eligible to participate nor win. This includes radio and television stations, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors and or promotional partners, and members of their immediate families.
- To enter, participants will listen to one of the participating radio stations over the air for instructions for when to call the designated contest number: 888-725-2345. This “cue-to-call” will occur between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern on Thursdays.
- The participating stations will announce, on the air, a “cue-to-call,” when each contest begins. As an example: “Time now for ‘Thousand Dollar Thursdays on WXXX. Be the 60th nationwide caller at 888-725-2345 to win $1,000 cash. Call 888-725-2345 now to win…and good luck from WXXX.”
- Contestants are only eligible to participate if they, or an immediately family member living in the same household, have not won any prize on any participating Renda Broadcasting station in the 30 days prior to the current contest day. Additionally, contestants, or an immediate family member living in the same household, are not eligible to participate if they have won a major contest prize (valued $600 or more) in 6 months prior to the current contest day. Qualified participants, and anyone living in the same household, are only eligible to win the Thousand Dollar Thursday contest once each calendar year.
- The 60th caller will be verified as qualified by station personnel answering the designated contest number. To be qualified, the contestant must be able to clearly identify the station in which they are listening; either by call letters, slogan-identifier, or frequency. If the contestant cannot immediately identify the station, they will immediately be disqualified.
- There will be only one $1,000 winner of each contest conducted.
- Callers 61 and 62 will be granted runner-up prizes from the station to which they are listening in their market area.
- Since this is a call-in contest, a telephone is needed to participate. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants who enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges, including the 888 exchange being used for this contest, may experience call connection problems. The company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the company’s control or otherwise. For all contests, the company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission or other delivery method. The company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors and/or malfunctions or failures of any kind including: failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of telephone calls, traffic congestion on telephone lines, or unavailable connections which may limit one’s ability to participate in the contest, any injury or damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s telephone equipment related to or resulting from participating in the contest.
- Payment of all federal, state, and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 (or equivalent) with regard to the $1,000 prize.
- By participating in the contest, the winner agrees to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation, and to sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize.
- The station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, which will become effective upon announcement, including the substitution of a prize or any portion of a prize of equivalent value.
- The station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize.
- All decisions by sweepstakes promoters are final and entrants agree to be bound by decisions made by sweepstakes promoters and station management.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the station.
- All prizes awarded to parties at the offices of the station in which the verified winner called. Prize may be claimed two (2) weeks from the actual date of winning.
- The stations participating in the contest are:
WSHH-FM / Pittsburgh, PA
WEJZ-FM / Jacksonville, FL
WGNE-FM/ Jacksonville, FL
WWGR-FM / Ft. Myers, FL
WJGO-FM / Ft. Myers, FL
WGUF-FM / Naples, Marco Island FL
WSGL-FM / Naples, FL
WDAD-AM-FM/ Indiana, PA
WQMU-FM / Indiana, PA
WCCS-AM-FM/ Homer City, PA
WLCY-FM / Blairsville, PA
WPXZ-FM / Punxsutawney, PA
WECZ-AM-FM/ Punxsutawney, PA
WKQL-FM / Brookville, PA
WHJB-FM / Greensburg, PA
- Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours, Renda Broadcasting Corporation – 900 Parish Street – Suite 400 – Pittsburgh, PA – 15220. Interested parties may also request a copy of the rules, in writing, utilizing a self-addressed stamped envelope (at same address).
Vice President – Renda Broadcasting Corporation
900 Parish Street – Suite 400
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15220